Compensation: 19.00-25.00 /
Benefit Offered: YES
A leading environmental recovery company is seeking Asbestos Supervisor in Randolph, Massachusetts.
The Asbestos Supervisor must be able to work in compliance on asbestos abatement and industrial maintenance projects. Adhere to and optimize strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
– $19 to $25 an hour
– Time and a half for overtime
– Medical, dental and vision plans (60 days after the 1st calendar day)
– 401k employer match
– 9 PTO days, 2 weeks after one year
– Holiday pay
– Emergency response pay
Execution of field work involved in asbestos abatement projects while under direct or indirect supervision.
- Direct and supervise project-assigned labor forces including the following job classification: foremen, equipment operators, hazardous waste technicians, and emergency response crews etc. to maintain competent completion of their duties.
- Correct completion of all job-specific, employee-related paper work including Timesheets, Daily Work Reports, Driver’s Logs and Daily Tailgate Safety Meeting Forms.
- Understand and enforce project’s detailed scope-of-work to optimize strict compliance with contract documents, project schedules, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Under general direction from Logistics Manager, Program/Project Manager and/or Division Manager, forecast and organize the cost-effective utilization of project personnel, equipment, materials, and subcontractors to minimize unneeded project cost resulting in higher profit.
- Work safely and ensure that the crew is working safely during all phases of performing the job duties required in the field.
- Ability to perform work inside areas of varying dimensions; involving squatting and crawling for possible extended periods.
- Ability to follow directions; read/speak and understand English; read and understand common danger placards / labels and hazardous warning literature including site safety plans.
- The ability to safely drive and perform safety checks on all vehicles for which licensed.
- Project work may require out of town travel for two weeks or more.
- Must be able to understand and comply with company and client safety standards.
- Due to the diversity of both scheduled and non-scheduled projects, physical demands, and environmental conditions vary significantly depending on the project.
- Work outside year round in all types of weather.
- May work in environments that are extreme in nature like environmental conditions such as heat, cold, heights, hazardous chemicals, loud noises, dangerous equipment, long hours etc.
- May be exposed to varying levels of physical activities and physical extremes such as long periods of standing, walking, crouching, use of hands, and heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds or more.
- Must be clean shaven at all times to allow immediate donning and seal of respirator.
- Requires High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills) and 2-3 years of experience supervising asbestos abatement projects.
- Additional experience in related work (emergency response, manual labor, general construction, industrial cleaning) is preferred.
- Qualified employees must possess the 40-hr Asbestos Supervisor’s certification.
- A valid Class “D” Driver’s License is required.
- TWIC preferred.
- OSHA 40-HR HAZWOPER, Confined Space Entry and Lead Awareness certifications are desired but not required.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verification throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today’s hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!