Compensation: 14.00 /
Benefit Offered: YES
A leading engineering company based in Bridgeport, New Jersey is seeking a Machine Operator to join their team!
Objective: To efficiently operate a molding machine for the purpose of over molding wire TC’s and probes. The preparatory work of these products is also required. This position also includes the molding of various connectors and components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Spot weld and/or solders pins onto wire TC’s and probes, prior to molding, utilizing either a semi-automated or manual welder.
- Place wire or probe sub-assemblies into a multi-cavity mold and over mold the end.
- Verifies each unit has continuity by checking with a multi-meter / continuity tester.
- Performs in process and/or final inspection for proper function and correct pins in accordance to the given calibration.
- Verifies finished length of molded probes using a ruler or other suitable measuring device.
- Place hardware into a multi cavity mold and over mold to create a connector.
- Wraps and packages wire TC’s.
- Practices good housekeeping and safety procedures and adheres to all company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to verify parts meet specifications via visual inspection including ability to conform to color codes.
- Need to be able to pickup and place small parts in the proper position within a mold efficiently.
- Must be able to measure with a ruler to within 1/16 of an inch
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time, walk, bend and lean frequently.
- Regularly must be able to lift 10 lbs. and occasionally be able to lift 55 lbs.
- Need to be able to work in an environment with elevated temperatures, occasional smoke, grease and oil.
- Ability to follow verbal or written instruction.
- Must be able to work closely with coworkers to provide guidance and possibly training to enhance quality.
Education and/or Experience:
- · HS Diploma or equivalent
- · 2 years’ experience working on production machinery
- · Math skills relating to verifying product dimensions and production schedules.
Please apply today to be one of the first to be considered for the role!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today’s hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!