Machine Operator I – Respool
Compensation: 13.00-13.50 /
Benefit Offered: YES
A leading electrical manufacturer is seeking an experienced Machine Operator to join our growing team in Bridgeport, New Jersey!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Reads and interprets specifications of work orders.
- Monitors & adjusts machine controls to regulate process control parameters such as speed, tension, wire length, spool size in accordance with verbal direction or process documentation.
- Responsible for detecting product quality defects.
- Places reel(s) of specified wire onto pay off spindle of machine (weighing up to 100lbs) and threads wire through feed rolls.
- Starts machine and observes operation to assure machine(s) are running properly.
- Verifies wire sizes and calibrations using micrometer and Acromag.
- Examines wire for visual conformance to specifications and removes defects or defective pieces.
- Properly identifies and tags finished goods, records production data, and fills out associated production paperwork.
- Maintains acceptable productivity levels per established standards.
- Practices 5S / Lean principles, follows safety procedures and adheres to established quality policies.
- Maintains acceptable productivity levels.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management
- Ability to lift to 100 lbs. and stand for long periods of time
- Computer skills to effectively use Human Resource Information System and ability to utilize on-line training
- Able to lean, reach, kneel
- Knowledge on the use of hand tools
- Knowledge of calibration metal types and thermocouple color codes
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 1 year previous machine operation experience
- Mechanical Aptitude
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today’s hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!