Mechanical Assembler – Electronic
Compensation: 15.00 /
Benefit Offered: YES
A leading electrical manufacturer is seeking an experienced Mechanical Assembler to join their team in Bridgeport, New Jersey.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams and assembly drawings as well as verbal instructions.
- Perform soldering , from basic to more complex tasks including cable assembly and transistor/IC replacement
- Examine parts for defects
- Enter information into production logs and databases
- Repair and/or replace defective parts or units rejected by test personnel
- Route and attach wires and connectors to electronic circuitry, and/or sub-assemblies
- Attach hardware and close units after final test and calibration
- Utilize test equipment, like multimeters or test fixtures
- Pack and label units for shipment or stock
- Completes associated paperwork, such as stock requisitions, calibration data, label and shipping paperwork and enter into databases when applicable
- Maintain acceptable levels of production according to established standards
- Practices good safety and housekeeping procedures
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 3 years’ related experience including soldering
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings. Knowledge of computers and databases required.
- Ability to carry out instruction in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, see or assemble very small objects at close range.
- Ability to work closely with others to form a strong team spirit.
- Basic Math skills are needed, along with the ability to utilize basic hand tools.
Please apply today to be one of the first candidate’s considered for this amazing opportunity!!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today’s hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!