Compensation: 50,000-55,000 /
Benefit Offered: YES
A leading engineering firm in Bridgeport, NJ is seeking a qualified Production Planner for their supply chain and logistics division. This role will be responsible for prioritizing requirements to generate a production schedule that balances manufacturing capacity, operating efficiencies, and inventory levels.
- Develop production plans in order to meet customer requirements
- Maintain the integrity of the data within a MRP system from a planning aspect
- Assist master planner in managing inventory levels to improve working capital while meeting customer needs
- Achieve Schedule attainment targets through the coordination of work center activities.
- Create, review, amend, and maintain attainable and effective material and production plans
- Work in conjunction with Customer Service, Sales, Production and Purchasing to support the production plan
- Review and plan transfer orders to subsidiary sites
- Attend the daily manufacturing execution meeting and follow-up on any open action items from the meeting.
- When necessary, prioritize schedules to ensure customer orders are met on time
- Work with customer service to manage customer order priority
- Provide production completion dates to customer service for expedites and one off orders
- Participate in developing best practices for the planning department.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related supply chain management field
- 2 to 4 years minimum experience in production planning
- Basic understanding of an ERP/MRP system in a manufacturing and/or E-Commerce environment
- Experience with Lean / Six Sigma / Continuous Improvement teams and activities preferred
- Working towards APICS certification (CPIM/CSCP)
- Salary range of $50,000-$55,000 annually
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance beginning day one
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- And much more!
Qualified candidates are highly encourage to apply today for this outstanding opportunity with an innovative industry leader!