Bridgeport, New Jersey
Compensation: 25.00 /
Benefit Offered: YES
A national leading engineering company is looking for a entry level CNC Programmer / Setup / Operator I to join their growing team in Bridgeport, New Jersey! The primary function of this role will be to program, setup, and operate CNC equipment to help us fabricate proprietary parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Write and modify CNC programs for 4 to 8 axis machines to machine parts per print/drawing.
- Read machine manuals and Fanuc manuals to learn how to develop CNC programs.
- Reviews drawings, blueprints, sketches, manuals or sample parts to determine, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Analyze, install, test, review program to increase operating efficiency.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines. Checks for functionality and performance.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth, and angles.
- Able to input or retrieve the correct program code from the machine and network.
- Perform first pieces inspections and in-process quality control checks by using tools such as micrometers, calipers, depth gages, go no-go gages, comparators, etc.
- Change tooling and offsets when necessary to assure product is meeting tolerances and specifications.
- Performs routine maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Completes required paper work routing sheet, time sheet and etc.
- Confers with Supervision, area leaders, programmers, engineers, or others to resolve machining or assembly issues.
- Mentors other CNC Personnel.
- Maintains acceptable levels of production according to established standards.
- Practices good housekeeping and safety procedures and adheres to all company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understand M & G codes and how they are used to command the machine.
- Able to use CAM software to program CNC machines.
- Ability to interpret drawings, blueprints, and written / verbal instructions with limited supervision to setup and operate CNC equipment.
- Ability to verify parts using quality measuring devices.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lean and reach.
- Able to run manual equipment.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free work environment
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures
- Planning and Organizing – Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Attendance Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction
Education and/or Experience:
- CAM software skills, CNC Training, + 5 years experience, Completion of Apprenticeship program or equivalent technical school certificate.
Please apply for immediate consideration.
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today’s hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!