Diesel Mechanic – Class A or B
Compensation: 30.00-35.00 / Hourly
Benefit Offered: YES
Our client is a nation leading progressive, integrated, manufacturer and supplier of Ready Mix concrete, and is seeking a Class B Diesel Mechanic in Belle, Mead, New Jersey.
– $30-33.50 per hour
– Medical, dental and vision plans
– Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose and perform preventative maintenance for heavy-duty diesel vehicles and equipment.
- Remove, repair, rebuild from start to finish and/or replace assemblies (diesel engines, automatic and manual transmissions, axles) sub-assemblies (cylinder heads, oil pumps, fan belts, generators, starters, gauges) and other parts (tie rods, drag links, ball joints, brake linings, bearings) on trucks and equipment.
- Perform electrical work including wiring systems.
- Computer engine sensor diagnosis and repair (Diesel and Cng)
- Repair and/or adjust electrical sensors, E.G.R. valves, and computerized electrical systems according to automotive and Federal Government Clean Air Standards.
- Diagnose computerized: fuel management systems, ignition systems and engine timing to determine and perform needed repairs.
- Weld broken assemblies, sub-assemblies and/or other parts, as required.
- Uses, stores, records, safeguards and properly uses equipment, materials, parts and other supplies.
- Maintain shop and work area in a clean and organized manner.
- Required to learn to utilize various types of diagnostic equipment.
- Respond and handle road service calls as needed with the use of a company service vehicle.
- Fleet/transportation, repair and maintenance experience for a medium to large size company.
- Possess a working knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to read and understand maintenance and parts manuals, maintenance and wiring diagrams, schematics and other written instructions related to the maintenance and repair of motor vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with safety regulations, i.e. OSHA, MSHA, & DOT as they apply to the operation
- Ability to perform maintenance and repairs in a garage and/or the field, in conformance with the specifications contained in the applicable maintenance manuals, diagrams and/or instructions.
- Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to complete assignments/projects through to completion.
- Possesses analytical, problem solving and customer service sills.
- A valid CDL (A class) license.
- A valid NJ Emission License (NJ shops)
- A valid Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician Certification.
- Certification under the federal Department of Transportation guidelines for brake adjustment and repair.
In a typical work setting, people in this job:
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Use muscles for extended periods without getting tired.
- Be physically active for long periods without getting tired or out of breath.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Lift 50 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds on occasion.
Please apply today to be one of the first considered for the role!!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today’s hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!