Machine Operator – First Shift or Second Shift
Compensation: 14.00-15.00 /
Benefit Offered: YES
An engineering company in Bridgeport has an opening for a second shift Machine Operator.
Objective: Operate wire re-spooling, insulation taping, glass insulation wrapping, & braiding machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- · Reads and interprets specifications of work orders.
- · Monitors & adjusts machine controls to regulate process control parameters such as speed, tension, wire length, spool size in accordance with verbal direction or process documentation
- · Responsible for detecting product quality defects
- · Places reel(s) of specified wire onto pay off spindle of machine (weighing up to 100lbs) and threads wire through feed rolls.
- · Starts machine and observes operation to assure machine/s are running properly.
- · Verifies wire sizes and calibrations using micrometer and Acromag.
- · Examines wire for visual conformance to specifications and removes defects or defective pieces.
- · Properly identify and tag finished goods, record production data, and fill out associated production paperwork
- · Maintains acceptable productivity levels according to established standards.
- · Demonstrates good housekeeping practices, follows all safety procedures and guidelines, and is diligent about following quality policies and procedures.
- · On braider and wrapping insulation machines follow correct oiling procedures, cleaning procedures, and reloading of proper insulating materials to insulate bare wire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
- Ability to verify products using quality measuring devices.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. Stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lean, reach, kneel.
- Knowledge on the use of hand tools
- Knowledge of calibration metal types and thermocouple color codes
Please apply today for immediate consideration!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today’s hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!