Truck Mechanic – B
Logan, New Jersey
Benefit Offered: YES
Immediate need for Truck Mechanics! Ideal Mechanics will have at least 3 years of experience as a heavy equipment mechanic with a good working knowledge of tools, equipment. These include repair/replacement of: air compressor; clutches; transmissions; rears; water pumps; u-joints; air lines; brake chambers; brake shoes and hardware; brake drums, tires and all other bolts and items.
The nature of the work will require that the ‘B’ Mechanic be able to spot problems associated with all of the above and be able to perform both A and B schedule maintenance procedures. ‘B’ Mechanics demonstrate initiative, responsibility, have good interpersonal skills and are flexible/adaptive to a fast-paced and fluid business environment. Additionally, we encourage mechanics to participate in continuing education to stay abreast of both the technical knowledge related to their profession and to the changes related to safety compliance. To help achieve that goal, we offer On the Job Training, Formal Course Work for Certifications and Tuition Reimbursement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Diagnose and perform preventative maintenance for heavy-duty diesel vehicles and equipment.
– Maintain a safe and professional working environment.
– Remove and replace assemblies (transmissions, axles) subassemblies (cylinder heads, oil pumps, water pumps, fan belts, generators, starters, gauges) and other parts (tie rods, drag links, ball joints, brake linings, bearings, air compressor, air lines) on trucks and equipment.
– Changes tires.
– Weld broken assemblies, subassemblies and/or other parts, as required.
– Stores, records, safeguards and properly uses equipment, materials, parts and other supplies.
– Maintain shop and work area in a clean and organized manner.
– Prepare reports and records of time spent, materials, parts used and work completed.
– Required to learn to utilize various types of diagnostic equipment.
– Respond and handle road service calls as needed with the use of a company service vehicle.
– Serve as a lead mechanic in the training of ‘C’ mechanics.
– Complete work assignments in the allotted time frame.
– Fleet/transportation, repair and maintenance experience for a medium to large size company.
– Possess a working knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
– Ability to work independently.
– Ability to read and understand maintenance and parts manuals, and other written instructions related to the maintenance and repair of motor vehicles and equipment.
– Knowledge and experience with repair and maintenance of heavy-duty vehicles
– Knowledge and experience with safety regulations, i.e. OSHA,MSHA & DOT as they apply to the operation
– Ability to perform maintenance and repairs in a garage and/or the field, in conformance with the specifications contained in the applicable maintenance manuals, diagrams and/or instructions.
– Possesses a sense of urgency and ownership
– Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to complete assignments/projects through to completion.
– Possesses analytical, problem solving and customer service sills.
– A valid CDL (minimal of a B class) license.
– Certification under the federal Department of Transportation guidelines for brake adjustment and repair.
Please apply today for immediate consideration!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today’s hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today