CNC Setup Operator II
Repaupo, New Jersey
Compensation: 20.00 – 25.00 /
Benefit Offered: YES
A national leading engineering company is looking for a entry level CNC Programmer / Setup / Operator I to join their growing team in Bridgeport, New Jersey! The primary function of this role will be to program, setup, and operate CNC equipment to help us fabricate proprietary parts.
- Medical, Dental and vision plans after 60 days
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 18 PTO after 60 days
- 8 paid holidays
- Subsidized cafeteria food
- Free hot coffee
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Write and modify CNC programs for basic 2 and 3 axis machines to machine parts per print/drawing. May review programs with higher-level personnel.
- Read machine manuals and Fanuc manuals to learn how to develop CNC programs.
- Reviews drawings, blueprints, sketches, manuals or sample parts to determine, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Analyze, install, test, review program to increase operating efficiency.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines. Checks for functionality and performance.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth, and angles.
- Able to input or retrieve the correct program code from the machine and network.
- Perform first piece inspections and in-process quality control checks by using tools such as micrometers, calipers, depth gages, go no-go gages, comparators, etc.
- Change tooling and offsets when necessary to assure product is meeting tolerances and specifications.
- Performs routine maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Completes required paper work routing sheet, time sheet and etc.
- Confers with Supervision, area leaders, programmers, engineers, or others to resolve machining or assembly issues.
- Maintains acceptable levels of production according to established standards.
- Practices good housekeeping and safety procedures and adheres to all company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understand M & G codes and how they are used to command the machine.
- Ability to interpret drawings, blueprints, and written / verbal instructions with limited supervision to setup and operate CNC equipment.
- Ability to verify parts using quality measuring devices.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lean and reach.
- Able to run manual equipment.
Education and/or Experience:
- CAM software skills
- Formal CNC Training
- 5+ years’ experience
Please apply for immediate consideration.
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today’s hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!