Machine Operator – Wire
Compensation: 14.00 /
Benefit Offered: YES
A leading electrical manufacturer is seeking an experienced Machine Operator to join our growing team in Bridgeport, New Jersey!
Operator will setup, run, and maintain various machines within the Wire Department. Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding wire calibration types and become familiar of types of wire which constructs each calibration.
- Understand nomenclature of wire part numbers.
- Ability to measure gages of wire with use of micrometers / calipers.
- Strong mechanical aptitude to assure machines are setup and run appropriately to efficiently make quality product.
- Ability to lift spools of bare and finished wire to put on and remove from processing equipment.
- Attention to detail to assure product quality.
- Ability to communicate problems effectively to department leadership.
- Maintain accurate production reports, travel tags, down time reports, etc.
Candidates must have a high energy level, as the position requires a large amount of time standing and working multiple machinery; strong desire to learn how to operate new machinery; willing to perform diverse duties based on departmental needs. Candidate should possess experience operating industrial production machinery. Candidate must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today’s hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!