Welder / Assembler II
Compensation: 14.00 /
Benefit Offered: YES
A leading electrical manufacturer is seeking an experienced Welder/Assembler to join our growing team in Bridgeport, New Jersey!
Objective: Welds and assembles various product lines within the probe department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to weld all junction type probes.
- Perform visual inspection of welds.
- Ability to assemble basic probe assemblies.
- Performs routine maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Completes required paper work such as EI’s, sketches, time sheet and etc.
- Confers with Supervision, area leaders, maintenance or others to resolve welding or assembly issues.
- Maintains acceptable levels of production according to established standards.
- Practices good housekeeping and safety procedures and adheres to all company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to interpret part numbers, sketches, and written / verbal instructions with limited supervision
- Ability to verify parts using quality measuring devices.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Stand for short periods of time.
- Able to lean and reach.
- Able to operate basic assembly and or welding equipment.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to read a ruler. Ability to apply basic mathematical formulas to
convert fraction to decimal and vise versa using a calculator.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems. Needs to interpret written and verbal instructions including the use of rulers and or micrometers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands include ability to frequently lift 10 lbs and occasionally be able to lift up to 20 lbs, standing for short periods of time, able to lean and have dexterity to handle tools and parts. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Position also requires occasionally stooping, kneeling. Need ability to hear and be aware of surrounding area. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please apply today to be one of the first people considered for this position!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today’s hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!